It seems especially fitting as we approach the excitement and anticipation of Match day 2021, to celebrate physician spouses and significant others.
As we reflect upon your and successes, it is appropriate to note that behind many a successful Medical Professional, is the love, teamwork and support of their partners.
Below is my list of links to blogs written by Physician spouses. Here you can read, relate and share in their experiences.
Blogs by medical spouses and significant others:
- A Flair for the Domestic – from me to you with love
- A Resident’s Wife – Let’s get real! The good, bad and ugly.
- Blog Life of a Med Wife – an apply a day… where’s the doctor today?
- Champagne and Bon-Bons – the life of a doctor’s wife
- Diary of a Doctor’s Wife
- Diary of a Residency Widow
- Disney Mommi
- Hi! It’s Jilly
- Home With the Boys
- Just Another Doctor’s Wife – The Perfect Truth from an Imperfect Mother, Wife and Person
- Kristen Math – author of Surviving Residency
- Labcoats and Liabilities – amusing stories of an accountant and med student
- Life of a Doctor’s Wife – life, love and marriage to a medical resident
- Lives of Doctor’s Wives – Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
- Love, Mr. & Mrs. D – he’s a medical student, she’s a midwife
- Medical School Mrs – Newlywed life as a med school wife
- MD School Mrs.
- Meimeis Little Adventures – med spouse & entrepreneur
- Our Medical Lives
- Peeper Summarized
- Pursuits of a Witty Life – Reluctant Scientist, Sleep-Deprived Surgeon.
- Pursuit of Felicity – dating med student
- Renewed Upon a Dream
- Seeing the Trees Through the Forest
- The _____ Life of a Doctor’s Wife
- The Army Doctor’s Wife – a serious lesson in adaptation
- The Bonds of Medlock – life, love, medicine
- The Dawkter’s Wife
- The Doctor’s Wife – The Woman Behind the Doctor
- The Doctor’s Wife Is In
- The Mitten Wife – resident spouse who takes amazing pictures (those are my words).
- The Unconventional Doctor’s Wife – completely broken and needs healing STAT
- Thoughts of a Doctor’s Wife – attempting to not only survive these years, but enjoy them
- When Did Life Get So Complicated? – law school grad married to medical resident
- When Life Gives you Medicine Make Martini’s – ortho resident spouse
- White Coat Wife – Med School at 40
- Wife of a Doc Star – Married to a 1st Year Medical Resident
- Wife of a MD/PhD Student – Just you and me against the world
- Your Doctor’s Wife – Things My Husband Won’t Tell You (he’s too nice)
Blogs by medical residents/students and affiliated healthcare students:
- Ah Yes, Plans – medical student
- Anonymous Doc – Third year IM resident in a big-city hospital. Or not.
- Chirpy Krispy – husband and wife team physiotherapist
- Dr. G – (Cervical) Examiner – OB/GYN
- Eloping Stethoscope – nursing student/jewelry maker
- Frazzledrazzlern – nursing student
- I am, therefore, I think – MD/PhD student
- My Little Experiment
- No Longer Silent – medical student
- RN: Real Newbie, a nurse’s blog
- Solitary Diner – Table for One
- The I’s and O’s: The In’s and Out’s of Life and Medical School
- The Life Unexpected – Respiratory Therapist
- The One With The Red Stethoscope – Tales of Medical School and Dating
- What Should We Call Med School – FUNNY!
- Whispers of a Barefoot Medical Student
- White Coat Tales – MS3
Online groups/magazines for spouses:
- Doctor’s Wives Living – for all fabulous women who enjoy being rich with wisdom
- The International Medical Spouse Network – Supporting families through training and beyond.
Blogs by healthcare professionals:
- A Cartoon Guide To Becoming a Physician (funny) by Dr. Fizzy
- Doctor Grumpy In The House – The insanity of my medical practice
- Dr. Erhumu – Health Info Inspired by True Events, from an African Emergency Room
- High Technology Scrubs
- Charting New Territory – RN
- Dr. Wes – Internist and Cardiologist
Blogs with stores that sell things you need – made by doctor’s wives:
- The Orange Bird – awesome fabrics, great designs, worthy causes
Blogs that don’t fit any of the above:
- Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms – Ellen is a MD, but not practicing – the blog is great!
- Pretty and Delectable – she is a physician who loves to shop, eat and bake!
- Junk Food Kids
Articles I have found interesting and informative (last updated 2011):
- Being A Doctor Pros and Cons
- Burnout During Residency
- Doctors Will Remain A Target Until They Wake Up
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Heritage Foundation: The Future of Healthcare
- Love in the Time of Medical School
- Medical Residents Considered Employees Not Students
- Residency Directors Don’t Thing Limits Will Cut Fatigue
- Six Tips for Surviving Medical Residency
- Surviving Residency 101
- The Average Salary of a Resident
- The Deceptive Income of Physicians
- Two Big Mistakes Post Residency Graduation
- What I Have Learned About Being A Doctor’s Wife
- Why Does Society Frown on Doctor’s Earning a Reasonable Living?
- The Most Comprehensive List of Banks Offering a Doctor Mortgage Loan Program.
Search for a Physician Loan Program available in your state here.